Call for abstracts
DUE TO POPULAR DEMAND, WE ARE EXTENDING THE SUBMISSION DEADLINE:
28 November 2022
The Scientific Programme Committee is pleased to invite delegates to submit their contribution to the African Regional Apimondia Symposium. The overall theme for the Symposium is Developing the apiculture industry in Africa.
The Symposium will take place at the Inkosi Albert Luthuli International Convention Centre (ICC Durban), Durban South Africa from 20 – 24 March 2023 and will be an in-person meeting.
Abstracts must be submitted online using the online submission system. Emailed submissions will not be considered.
The official symposium language is English, and submissions must be written in English.
Abstracts can be submitted for oral or poster presentation.
Submitted abstracts must be original, topical, and current.
Submissions should not exceed 300 words in the body text excluding the title and authors information.
The body text should not include any images, graphs, diagrams, or tables. It should consist of text only.
At least one of the listed authors must register for the symposium and be in attendance to present the oral or poster presentation if accepted.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS EXTENDED: 28 November 2022
Abstracts can be submitted for any of the following topics:
- Bee Health: Pathogens and Pests
- Bee Health: Pesticides and Pollutants
- Beekeeping Technology
- Quality Control: Honey, Propolis, Wax, Hive Products
- Bee Biology
- Beekeeping and Rural Development
- Beekeeping for Pollination of Crops
- Role of Policy in Apiculture
- Conservation Beekeeping and Climate Change
How to submit an abstract
The congress offers a text-based submission form where you will be required to enter the information regarding your abstract, such as title, authors, etc. Submitting an abstract is a multi-step process and each step asks several questions:
- Log in to the submission system when you have prepared your abstract – enter your email address and the password you chose when you registered with the system.
- You will be taken to a screen from which the submission process starts. Please read the instructions on this screen carefully. If you want to submit a new abstract, you should click the link that says, 'Click here to submit a new abstract'.
- Submitting an abstract is a multi-step process. Each step asks several questions. Some questions are marked 'required' and you will not be able to complete your submission until these questions have been answered.
- If you have to stop part way through the process your submission will be held in a temporary storage until you return later and complete all of the questions. When you log in again you can click on your incomplete abstract and resume submission.
- To withdraw an abstract please contact Kerry Firmani – Kerryf@turnersconferences.co.za for assistance.
Acceptance / Rejection of Abstracts
The scientific programme committee will review all submitted abstracts and reserves the right to accept or reject any abstract. Selected abstracts will be presented as oral, or poster presentations and authors will be notified of the presentation method. Authors of abstracts accepted will receive notification and information regarding their presentation once the abstracts have been reviewed. Notifications will be sent out by 15 December 2022. Presenting authors must then be registered by 6 January 2023 for inclusion in the programme.
28 November 2022
15 December 2022
Presenting Author Registration Deadline
6 January 2023
Apimondia Africa Regional Symposium
20 – 24 March 2023